Inspiration.Design.Music.Lifestyle [as per See]

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Empire of the Sun "Walking On A Dream" video Maleonn inspired in my opinion.

Empire Of Sun - Walking On A Dream from Music on Vimeo.



So I got turned on to this group from Australia called Empire of the Sun from my random Itunes wandering.I find that the song sticks in my head for awhile and then i realize i am playing it while i design and etc.So I finally see the video which is i mean this group by the way has a bugged out album cover really star wars and famtasy novel/space orb feel (which is why i gave it a try in the first place! lol). So I am watching the video and it is full of surrealism and i am looking and i go to myself "Maleonn!" now if you dont know of Maleonn he is one of my favorite photographer/designers and his work is full of surrealism that i know this video was inspired by. "How do i know this" you ask yourself? well the video was filmed in Shanghai and Maleonn whom is one of the illest is from where!? yes thats right folks Shanghai which has the most surrealism naturally within its habitat Maleonn exposes this within his work all the time.If you dont believe me just check it out for yourself all the vivid colors,exquisite composition, and irony.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now i want you guys to look at the end of the video and look at the composition and the surrealism of the last frame and you will see what i saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment